Incredibly light, moist, and bursting with flavor! This Strawberry Jello Poke Cake is always a crowd favorite…but it will be our secret that it only took about 15 minutes of work to make.
I have been enjoying this cake since I was a kid. Now I make this cake for my family and trust me, they love it as much as I did growing up. Recently my kids tried to convince me that since there are strawberries on the cake, they should be allowed to have it for breakfast… So I made them eat something healthy-ish first and then served them a piece (why not, you only live once)!
How do You Make a Jello Poke Cake?
If you have 15 minutes of free time, you have enough time to make this amazing cake. Seriously, that’s it!
Step 1: Using a box cake mix (use a white cake), bake the cake in a 9×13-inch pan according to the instructions on the box. Remove from the oven and cool the cake in the pan for 15 minutes.
Step 2: After the cake has cooled for 15 minutes, poke the cake with a fork about every 1/2 inch. Make sure to go all the way to the bottom of the cake.
Step 3: In a glass 2-cup measuring cup, mix the strawberry Jello with 1 cup of boiling water. Stir for 2 minutes until the Jello is completely dissolved. Then stir in 1/2 cold water. Carefully pour the Jello over the cake, making sure to pour over all the fork holes. Then refrigerate the cake for at least 3 hours.
Step 4: Once the cake has chilled, spread on the Cool Whip and garnish with strawberries. Refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
That’s it; you’re done! I told you that was easy…And delicious!
Strawberry Jello Poke Cake
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 3-ounce box strawberry Jello
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ cup cold water
- 1 8-ounce tub Cool Whip topping
- Strawberries for garnish, optional
- Bake the cake in a 9×13-inch pan according to the instructions on the box. Remove from the oven and cool the cake in the pan for 15 minutes.
- Pierce the cake with a fork at ½-inch intervals.
- In a 2 cup glass measuring cup, mix the dry Jello with 1 cup boiling water. Stir for 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Stir in cold water.
- Carefully pour the Jello over the cake, making sure to pour over all the fork holes. Then refrigerate the cake for at least 3 hours.
- After the cake has chilled, frost with the Cool Whip and garnish with strawberries. Refrigerate until ready to serve.